Are you looking to make your mark and join a world class company? Since 1955, Shrader Canada has proudly staked our reputation on the integrity of a handshake, quality that never cuts corners and making products that surpass the evolving standards of our customers. Since we first opened our doors, we at Shrader have worked to establish ourselves as industry leaders in chemical cleaner manufacturing, distribution, and service. Our commitment to quality, innovation, and the evolution of our industry is reflected in the premium products and services we offer and is the reason that customers in 26 countries trust the Shrader advantage. Our company and products are world class and so are our team members.
Located in Oakville, ON, Shrader Canada is looking for a Purchasing Assistant who is self-directed and self-motivated with a drive to continuously learn and grow.
Shrader’s Purchasing Assistant will report to the Purchasing & Logistics Manager and will be responsible and accountable to assist in all buyer related activities and functions to secure raw material supplies in support of efficient and continuous manufacturing operations. The key functions of the role are to monitor and review scheduled/planned manufacturing requirements and ensure cost effective and timely sourcing of materials for operations. The role will also be responsible for selected strategic sourcing projects in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Technical Services for new and updated product and packaging innovations. The position requires strong detailed organizational, analysis and planning skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with completed Purchasing, Supply Chain or similar designation (or actively pursuing same). Experience in sourcing purchasing of chemicals and/or packaging materials preferred.
- Interest in market dynamics combined with good business sense (awareness of the dollar, price of oil, freight costs etc.)
- Proficiency in negotiations, and networking, and ability to source and understand supplier and product information
- Working experience with ERP system for materials management (preference for AS400 and SalesForce)
- Strong ability to gather and analyze data for trends and opportunities for improvements
- Good judgement and independent decision making skills. Detailed oriented and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities with a positive and curious nature for continuous learning and improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, and team environment
If this position is of interest to you and you have the required qualifications please send us your resume and cover letter, we’d love to hear from you!
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.