With the advent of fuel injection usage on virtually all new passenger cars and light duty trucks, the system designs have separated the air intake system from the fuel system. This requires separate servicing of the air intake system due to its unique and sensitive requirements, namely light dirt and varnishes. Contamination of the sensors and light duty linkages will cause engine malfunctions, including erratic idle, minor hesitation and stumbling, as well as startability problems.
- Cleans effectively and dries quickly.
- 360-degree valving allows direct spray onto surfaces.
- Provides excellent car maintenance and improves drivability.
Directions for Use
- To access the air throttle valve and the idle air control valve, disconnect the air snorkel from the end of the air intake manifold and pull it aside.
- Spray Throttle Body Cleaner directly onto the throttle linkages, throttle valve surfaces and into the intake manifold until clean.
- Excess product may be absorbed with a shop towel.
- Idle air control valves may require removal to facilitate cleaning.
- The air intake system should be cleaned whenever it is serviced.
1. Can I use another cleaner to clean the Throttle body?
No, it would be best to use Throttle body cleaner so it can clean all the build-up.
2. Do I need to remove the throttle body to clean it properly?
No, with the 360-degree valving you can clean the throttle body. Consult your mechanic if you would like to remove to clean.
3. How can I locate the Throttle body?
The tube that is connected to the air filter. The throttle body is always mounted on the engine.
4. Why do I need to clean the Throttle body?
Smaller particles will continue to build up over time. It will become sticky and harder to open. So cleaning is required.
Shrader provides 60 years of experience with chemical lubricants. Our continued dedication to innovation and client satisfaction separates us as industry leaders. Our Throttle body cleaner will provide excellent car maintenance and improve drivability. The 360-degree valving allows direct spray onto surfaces making for ease of use. Keep your car healthy and clean.